Always Learning

Andy's thoughts and other musings

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Modern Day Paul


It is interesting that the more my faith develops, the more I learn that I have it easy. I asked the high school class the other day if they really had it too easy. They did not understand what I meant. I had them read the testimony of Christians around the world who are being persecuted for their faith. One boy stated, "Maybe we should be persecuted too, then we would have faith like these people."

While I don't wish to be persecuted I understand the thinking of a 15 year old. If I am faced with a choice to share Jesus or die, my faith becomes real to me. In a society where everything is "have it your way," it appears that it is easy to have a faith that is "have it your way."

As of early 2005, the Reidland Church has decided to support a man named Phillip Ganta. Mr. Ganta is an Indian national working in the United Arab Emirates. He is an electronics technician who is also a self supporting missionary(see tentmaker here). Mr. Ganta has been using his wages in order to fund his missionary work in the UAE. He is a very gifted evangelist and selfless person, who only desires to serve the Lord by taking the gospel to the Muslim world. He fully expects to die in his work. I have committed to praying for Mr. Ganta and his work.

Mr. Ganta's work not only includes preaching to the muslims, sikhs, and hindis but also preparing the men that are converted to be evangelist and teachers of the gospel. He currently has around 60 students. They are students of the Reidland School of Preaching. He could not name the school after the city in which he works, Dubai. It was not allowed. There are plans, however, to have the school legalized. This will take some amount of money.

He has put himself at risk to take Jesus to the Muslim world. He does not ask for support, but it has been offered to him. This last Sunday $4208.00 was given to recoupe cost that he lost while traveling to Afghanistan to encourage some of his former students. He will stop at nothing to take the gospel to this region.

If you are interested in helping Phillip, you can contact the Reidland Church of Christ. While Phillip does not expect the help, he could use your help. If you are interested in reading Phillip's letter to the church about his experience in Afghanistan, I will be glad to send you a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home