Always Learning

Andy's thoughts and other musings

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Home, Sweet, Home

The other day, Corban learned he is going back to Paducah. He was so excited. Everyday he would ask, "Are we going to Paducah today?" As the day approached I learned the reason for his excitement. He exclaimed, "I am so excited to go home."

This statement amazed me. He is only three years old, but he knew where he belonged. He belonged at home.

Sometimes I feel this way too. I want to go home. I wait and wait with the anticipation of being comfortable again. Ultimately, home is where you choose to be. I am making my home in Ada, but like Corban have moments of longing to be where I am comfortable.

I thank God that he gives us his peace. I can feel at home even when I am not at home. I thank God for the family he has given me.

1 Comments:

Blogger janjanmom said...

I know you will bloom wherever God plants you. You are loved and missed.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home